Police say a grandmother is behind bars after she tried to give away her 3-year-old grandchild to a stranger in north Houston on Wednesday.
52 year old Vernice Ruenell Zagerman is charged with endangering a child. Houston Police say Zagerman approached and asked a stranger, near a gas station on Greens Road and Imperial Valley, to take her grandchild.
She told the stranger she could no longer care for the child. The stranger, concerned for the child, called police.
Zagerman left in a cab as police arrived but was stopped a few blocks away.
Upon calling the child’s mom, police learned Zagerman was supposed to pick up the child from daycare and baby-sit. The child was brought back to the mom. Zagerman’s first court appearance is scheduled for Feb. 22.
Most Popular Articles
- The GODMOTHER . . . And GODFATHER . . . Of Beyonce’s BABY GIRL Have Been ANNOUNCED!!!!
- Khloe Kardashian’s Father Revealed !!!
- T.I. & Tiny Tweet Naked Pics [PHOTO]
- Did You Miss Freddie Jackson Rock Unsung Last (Full Episode)
- Estelle In Cleveland – Win Tickets, Spa & Shopping Spree [CONTEST]
- Heartless Mother Deserts Two Daughters. Leaving them On a Brooklyn Sidewalk
- Christina Aguilera Performs “At Last” At The Funeral Of Etta James
- 5 Ways to Tell He’s the One (and 5 Ways to Tell He’s Not)
- We Are Looking For Cleveland’s Cutest Couple [CONTEST]
- Another One Is Pregnant On “Love & Hip Hop’s… Guess Who!?