Rodney King, whose beating by Los Angeles police in 1991 was caught on camera and sparked riots after the acquittal of the four officers involved, was found dead in his swimming pool Sunday, authorities and his fiancee said. He was 47.
Police in Rialto, California, received a 911 call from King’s fiancee, Cynthia Kelly, about 5:25 a.m., said Capt. Randy DeAnda. Responding officers found King at the bottom of the pool, removed him and attempted to revive him. He was pronounced dead at a local hospital, DeAnda said.
There were no preliminary signs of foul play, he said, and no obvious injuries on King’s body. Police are conducting a drowning investigation, DeAnda said, and King’s body would be autopsied.
“His fiancee heard him in the rear yard,” he said, and found King in the pool when she went outside.
Kelly was a juror in King’s lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles in 1994.
Read Full Story
Article courtesy cnn.com
- Dyson, Sharpton, Others Reflect On Rodney King’s Legacy
- Obama Family Makes Rare Trip Home to Chicago For Friend’s Wedding!
- J.C. Penny Sparks Outrage For Featuring Gay Parents In Father’s Day Ad
- 5th-Grader Prohibited From Delivering Speech on Marriage Equality
- Homeless Man Finds $77,000 In Texas Park, Is Allowed To Keep It
- NBA Star To Kids: If Obama Made It Without A Father, You Can Too
- Obama To Spare Young Illegal Immigrants From Deportation
- Cop Kills Unarmed 23-Year-Old Woman In Car Chase
- Not Guilty? All Charges Dropped Against John Edwards in Corruption, Sex Scandal
- 5 Things The KKK Should Adopt (Other Than A Georgia Highway)
- Man With No Hands Not Allowed on Roller Coaster at Six Flags, Claims Discrimination
Want to Keep Up With NewsTalk? LIKE Us On Facebook!