1. AMERICANS MAY HAVE AIDED MALL ATTACK
U.S. officials say they’re looking into a claim by Kenya’s foreign minister that “two or three Americans” were among the terrorists who killed more than 60 people.
2. WHITE HOUSE SEES AN OPENING IN IRAN
Obama in his U.N. speech is expected to signal a willingness to engage with the new Iranian government in exchange for nuclear concessions.
3. WHY SAFEGUARDING CHEMICAL WEAPONS COULD BE HAZARDOUS
Video images of Syrian military helicopters dropping barrel bombs on opposition-held areas underline the difficulties international inspectors will face on the ground.
4. TWO CHARGED IN CHICAGO PARK SHOOTING
Police say both men played significant roles in the apparently gang-related attack that injured 13 people. But neither is believed to have pulled the trigger.
5. HOW NAVY YARD SHOOTER SLIPPED THROUGH THE SYSTEM
He lied about a previous arrest and failed to disclose thousands of dollars in debts when he applied for a military security clearance.
CLICK HERE to read story
article courtesy of abcnews.com